These are the rules for any Flow Accelerator Program participation, including any program run by Flow Accelerator. Flow Accelerator Programs are governed by these rules, in addition to any other policies that may be enforced from time to time.
To enter a Flow Accelerator program, you’ll need to fulfill a specific eligibility criterion as well as any additional requirements that are set. You can consult the page for each program to see if your eligibility qualifies you.
All teams entering the Flow Accelerator program must be in the program targeted stage of development.
The Flow Accelerator program is an opportunity for individuals, startups, and established companies to present their innovative ideas. Participants can submit up to 2 applications per program cycle.
INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE
The following individuals and entities are NOT eligible to participate in a Flow Accelerator Program:
- Any person who has been terminated or disqualified from any Flow Accelerator program for any reason is disqualified from all future programs.
- Any person that is prohibited from participating because of a contractual or other legal obligation to another person or entity (such as an employer) is ineligible to enter.
- Flow Accelerator staff reserves the right to deem applications as ineligible if they do not meet the recommended guidelines. In this instance, you may not receive feedback from our judges.
Methods of Entry
To enter the Flow Accelerator programs, an application must first be submitted by one member of a team using the Flow Accelerator website. No matter how you enter, you should agree to abide by these rules, other Flow Accelerator policies, and our website terms and conditions before any entry will be considered “complete.” By submitting your information, you will also be acknowledging receipt of the Flow Accelerator Privacy Notice. Incomplete entries will not be considered by the evaluation committee.
Flow Accelerator has programs that help startups grow and succeed. We identify high-potential and high-impact ventures through each program and judging process.
Flow Accelerator is recruiting expert volunteer judges who are independent and objective with no conflicts of interest. These Judges review entrant team submissions and make determinations on each entrant team’s potential for long term success based upon the Judge’s experience, the quality of the entrant team’s applications and the pre-set criteria for evaluation.
Depending on which program you enter, you may have to go through a few rounds of formal judging. For example, as explained below, there may be different stages during the program.
With our first stage of evaluation, the evaluators base their decisions on whether a team advance based on their submitted written application. In our subsequent stages of evaluation, a distinct group of evaluators reviews each entrant’s in-person (or remote) presentation and company overview.
All decisions made by the Judges are made solely at their discretion and are FINAL.
PHASES OF PROGRAM
These are the following phases you can expect to see when following a program, which you can view on the website.
- Flow Accelerator Applications Open on the website.
- The Round One evaluation process is completed when our evaluation committee finishes reviewing the entries. Semi-Finalists are then notified that their application has been reviewed.
- Round Two Judging: Teams present in-person or remotely. Finalists (as well as Semi-Finalists who do not advance to the Finals) will be contacted.
- The Flow Accelerator Programs are designed to provide the resources and support that Finalist teams need to succeed. Our programs have everything you need to start up your own business. You will also attend Masterclasses training sessions, workshops and events to learn about strategy, marketing and fundraising. This phase is approximately 3-4 months long.
- Depending on the program, there may be both a pre-final and a final round of judging. These rounds will require additional in-person or remote presentations. Pre-Final Judges also require submission of a company overview.
By entering, any program and otherwise being a Flow Accelerator Participant, you agree that Flow Accelerator shall be held harmless in the event of any legal action, you will also agree to the following:
By entering the program, you agree to comply with these Rules and decisions of Contest Judges.
(b) release and hold harmless Flow Accelerator , together with its affiliates and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, as well as the Judges, Mentors, Experts, Partners and other volunteers involved with the program, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including (without limitation), any third party claims of intellectual property infringement, breach of confidentiality or trade secret claim(s) brought against the Released Parties asserting that the content, work product or activities of a Flow Accelerator Participant infringe(s) the intellectual property, contract, trade secret or other rights of any other person (including any other Flow Accelerator Participant), as well as claims asserting damages of any kind to persons arising out of the program(s), the Flow Accelerator Participant’s participation in the program and any Flow Accelerator program; and.
- Indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in any program or Flow Accelerator programs and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any award or cash prize.
Flow Accelerator is not responsible for agreements made between any Flow Accelerator participant or entrant and any Flow Accelerator Expert or any other third parties. All participants are voluntarily participating in this program.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; CONFIDENTIALITY
You must not and agree not to use or share any confidential or proprietary information that belongs to any other person or entity. Likewise, any confidential or proprietary information shared among or between Flow Accelerator Participants during the program or during any Flow Accelerator program must be maintained by each Flow Accelerator Participant as confidential and proprietary.
The Flow Accelerator program will not allow any intellectual property to be used without permission from the owner. You may not use trademarked content, copyrighted material or any other proprietary content without express authorization.
By entering the Flow Accelerator, you agree that we may use your name, image, and biography in association with our promotion of the company. By signing up for the Flow Accelerator Programs, participants are agreeing to release Flow Accelerator, its affiliates and sponsors and each of their successors and assigns from all claims and causes of action arising out of the uses set forth in this paragraph.
Please keep in mind that you are not allowed to share any recordings or materials from Flow Accelerator or Flow Accelerator Experts without express permission from the Flow Accelerator AND the person who presented it.
RULES of OBSERVATION; IMMORALITY, ILLICIT, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT
Any violation of these Flow Accelerator rules will disqualify an entrant and forfeit any potential awards. Furthermore, Flow Accelerator reserves the right to remove or disqualify any participant from a program and from all programs at any time, for any reason. Without limiting the foregoing, any Flow Accelerator Participant who engages in immoral, illicit, or illegal conduct, including activities that violate these Rules, including but not limited to lying, cheating, engaging in any criminal activity (whether or not related to the program), and/or any activity that, in Flow Accelerator’s sole discretion, may adversely affect the program, shall be disqualified.
Flow Accelerator ‘s mission is to create a workplace that is both productive and enjoyable. To make this happen, participants are expected to maintain professional standards of conduct and refrain from vocalizing their personal opinions and beliefs.
Flow Accelerator is a workspace that provides everything you need to get your work done. Here are the rules for using this space:
Participant may not and expressly agrees not to:
- Bring weapons (knives, guns, or dangerous items) onto the premises.
- Engage in any harassing, demeaning or disrespectful way to any other person in or about the premises, including but not limited to engaging in any direct or indirect sexually harassing behavior of any kind, including inappropriate touching or comments.
- Bring illegal drugs to and/or store illegal drugs on the premises.
- use the Premises for sleeping overnight.
Finalist shall, and expressly agrees to:
- be respectful of others’ gender, race, ethnicity, sexual preference, gender identification, and culture.
- be aware of the appropriate noise level for the premises and be respectful of the work spaces of other occupants and employees in the premises.
- be respectful of others’ property and business interests.
- share resources considerately.
- maintain reasonable cleanliness of the premises.
We hope you enjoy your time on-site. But, please remember to be respectful of our policies. It’s important that all of our employees, agents and occupants abide by the terms of this agreement, including the policies referenced in it. Participant is aware that failure to abide by the terms of this agreement may result in participant’s (and its employees’) disqualification from Flow Accelerator, and the termination of this agreement.
Flow Accelerator reserves the right to update these rules at any time in accordance with the Program Rules. Participants will be responsible for compliance with all changes, and they will be notified of any changes when they are posted on Flow Accelerator’s website. We can’t wait to see you at the next program! However, in the case of any conflict between these rules and other information on the website, these rules will always take precedence.